Voting

Monday, December 12, 2005

Reception Site and Date

Nobody ever told me that planning a wedding would be such work. Some things are going to be a lot of fun because I really like creative things. However, finding a reception site was more of a challenge then I had anticipated.
It's my fault really. I want a really fun reception. I didn't want a classy hotel. I wanted something outside. Now, we have booked the Sherwood Forest Golf and Country Club's picnic site: Nottingham. We're renting a great big tent and we're dreaming of bonfires and fireworks and a big starry sky. If the weather cooperates, it should be gorgeous.
We finally have a date. We're to be married on July 15th. YEAH! Only 7 months away and counting.
So, if you have any "planning" advice, let us know in a comment. We'd love ways to hear how you avoided stress during your engagement.

Sherwood Forest website link:
http://www.sherwoodforestcc.com/

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could try setting up a free account at www.weddingchannel.com
They have great resources for planning, how to set up time frames and things not to forget and whatnot.
Not that I know anything about it.... because I'm going to be a nun.

NotsNotes said...

Try theknot.com My sister used it and now I am using it too! Congratulations, TK! You're getting a great guy, you know. By the way, my fiance, James and I are getting married July 29th, 2006 in Calgary. If you are ever having a headache over things, give me a shout. I'm sure I'll be able to feel the pain with you! We're having only 125 people... now we're down to the last 10 cuts... There's the pain... OUCH. But enjoy it! We only get to do this ONCE! ;)

rhoda said...

hey guys!

i was very excited when my brother told me (at christmas) that you were engaged. congrats!

one of the valuable pieces of advice that i was given when planning our wedding is this:

to get married, all you need is a bride, a groom, someone to officiate, and two witnesses. everything else is just extras.

i know it's not a super romantic thought or anything, but it sure helped me to keep it all in perspective....and really, the day goes by VERY quickly and then what you have is a marriage, which is what it's really all about anyway.

drop me a line sometime. me email is rhodaz gmail com (insert @ and . where appropriate).

wandi said...

Hey Jill. My advice to you is just enjoy everything. Take things in stride. It's going to be a beautiful day no matter what. You will still get married rain or shine. Just enjoy it all. If there is any thing you and your mom need me to do, just call. Be happy to help if I can.